The draft materials below are for use in conjunction with the textbook, “Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D)” under publication as part of the Routledge Perspectives on Development series.
They are designed for use in a ten-session teaching module consisting of nine teaching sessions plus one external visit / speaker / lab session. For each teaching session, a set of PowerPoint slides is provided including notes on session content and class exercises.
– Session 1: Understanding ICT4D
– Session 2: Foundations of ICT4D
– Session 3: Implementing ICT4D
– Session 4: ICTs and Economic Growth
– Session 5: ICTs, Poverty and Livelihoods
– Session 6: ICTs and Social Development
– Session 7: e-Governance and Development
– Session 8: ICTs and Environmental Sustainability
– Session 9: The Future of ICT4D
If used as presented, the material is suitable for a two/three-hour interactive session including a mix of presentation, class questions and class exercises. Alternatively, the presentation material only can be presented in a c.one-hour lecture session with exercises and discussion left for a separate c.one-/two-hour tutorial session.Follow @CDIManchester